Data Science Internship Program
Job Description Summary
Data Science Winter Internship – 2019
At StepUp Analytics, we believe achieving a secure future in Data Science requires both smart planning and good mentorship. We write and work and data science, machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, Statistics for Data Science, Visualization, IoT and Actuarial Science to revolutionize collaborative learning.
Projects from Industry:
4. Digital and Customer Engagement etc.
As part of the Advanced Data Science and Actuarial Content creator group, you will work with product managers, data engineers, and other data scientists who will mentor you with innovative solutions that transform the way you think of the subject.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities)
- Design experiments and formulate machine learning problems to create a good article
- Work with product managers and data engineers to discover, collect, cleanse, and refine the data needed for analysis and modeling
- Analyze large datasets for your article and explain those in your language for better readability
- Write lucid, compelling summaries to communicate the results of your analysis, model development, and testing which informs the reader about the problem and conclusion.
- Collaborate with peers, challenging assumptions and providing constructive criticism and ideas for improvement
Who You Are (Qualifications)
- You are studying or enthusiastic about data science or machine learning
- You have knowledge of major machine learning algorithms
- You have beginning-intermediate skills in Python and R
- You have some practical experience with machine learning libraries and platforms, like Scikit-learn and Tensorflow
- Your statistical analysis skills are solid and you have a good understanding of experimental design
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have great communication skills and a particular talent for using data to tell a story
- You love to learn and keep pace with the latest advances in data science and machine learning
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in computer science, machine learning, data science, mathematics, statistics, or a related quantitative field.
- Students must be actively enrolled in a college or university pursuing a degree. Students must not have graduated prior to completing the internship
- Work from home and Online Environment